If you are keen to get on your bike, be that for social, fitness or competition purposes then come down to Chapel Street at 9:00am on any Sunday and join us to give it a whirl! *
*You need to be over 16 and wearing a helmet. (If age 16 or 17 you will need to be with a Guardian).
If you have tried us out and would like join the club, please complete the membership form
Club Rules & Etiquette
The Club have 7 Rules of the Road which in joining us you will need to agree to and observe. The Rules are there to help make rides safe, enjoyable and supportive of everyone who rides with us:
- Always wear a helmet, No Helmet, No Ride!
- Ride no more than two abreast. Two abreast is legal but please show consideration to other users of the road where there is space and it is safe to do so.
- Keep together as one group unless agreed at the start of the ride or when regrouping that splitting the group would be helpful to support the members of that group.
- Do not let other riders drop too far off the back, keep the pace steady. If you are struggling to keep up, SHOUT UP!
- Use hand signals to indicate direction to those behind you, as well as potholes, branches,parked cars and other hazards.
- Regroup at the top of hills, if you are a stronger rider, go back to the last rider and provide some support.
- Adhere to the Highway Code and show respect for other road users at all times. Please do not ride on pavements.
Remember when you are wearing club colours you are representing the club, please do us proud.
Pedalheads Cycles in Knaresborough and Chevin Cycles (now in Harrogate) have generously offered all Knaresborough Cycling Club members 10% discount on sales, service and parts. Cycles are excluded from the offer at Chevin and included at Pedalheads. You will need to show your Knaresborough Cycling Club Membership Card and photo ID to receive the discount.